[oe] forcing dependency on genext2fs-native

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 19:23:01 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Peter Bigot <bigotp at acm.org> wrote:
> I've added a DEPENDS += "genext2fs-native" for a recipe in meta-ti,
> but the corresponding package is not getting built.  bitbake -DDD
> says:
>
> DEBUG: Added dependency genext2fs-native for
> /prj/oe/angstrom/sources/meta-ti/recipes-misc/images/cloud9-gfx-image.bb
> DEBUG: providers for genext2fs-native are: ['genext2fs-native']
> DEBUG: sorted providers for genext2fs-native are:
> ['virtual:native:/prj/oe/angstrom/sources/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs_1.4.1.bb']
> DEBUG: adding virtual:native:/prj/oe/angstrom/sources/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/genext2fs/genext2fs_1.4.1.bb
> to satisfy genext2fs-native
>
> I'm guessing the "virtual:native:" means somebody thinks genext2fs
> should already be installed on the host.  It's not available on
> Fedora, so this decision is wrong.  I haven't been able to figure out
> what's causing this to happen.

No, it means that the "virtual:native" (coming from BBCLASSEXTEND in
the recipe file) is being selected to provide "genext2fs-native"
(since in many cases we don't have a separate -native recipe, we just
use BBCLASSEXTEND).  What's probably happening is that you need
genext2fs to exist for a specific task and just "DEPENDS +=
genext2fs-native" really means "make do_configure depend on
genext2fs-native being in the sysroot".  Did you modify
cloud9-gfx-image?  It should already get the DEPENDS right for
populating the image.

--
Tom