[oe] systemd packages -> image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 10 10:35:12 UTC 2011

On Thursday 10 November 2011 11:20:34 Koen Kooi wrote:
> So I can start sending patches to add the systemd files to ${PN} in oe-core
> recipes now?

I would think if these additions are conditional upon systemd being in
DISTRO_FEATURES, I can't see a problem. I think the ideal situation would be
to have a generic "init" bbclass (or some better name) which does all the work
for you regardless of whether sysvinit or systemd is used (i.e. it would
effectively replace update-rc.d.bbclass), and save having to have packaging
boilerplate in every recipe.

My main point was, yes there are both people who want to stay with sysvinit
and people who are keen to move to systemd, but I'm not convinced both of
those need to be catered for within the same distro policy.

> That's the big hold up: lack of vision from the OE-core folks.

This is a community project, if you have ideas or suggestions, just start the
discussion...

Cheers,
Paul

--