[oe] systemd packages -> image

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fri Nov 25 13:14:09 UTC 2011

On 10.11.2011 11:35, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Thursday 10 November 2011 11:20:34 Koen Kooi wrote:
>> So I can start sending patches to add the systemd files to ${PN} in oe-core
>> recipes now?
>
> I would think if these additions are conditional upon systemd being in
> DISTRO_FEATURES, I can't see a problem. I think the ideal situation would be
> to have a generic "init" bbclass (or some better name) which does all the work
> for you regardless of whether sysvinit or systemd is used (i.e. it would
> effectively replace update-rc.d.bbclass), and save having to have packaging
> boilerplate in every recipe.

What about upstart in this context? An generic "init" bbclass should support this too.

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058