[oe] systemd packages -> image

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Thu Nov 10 11:05:44 UTC 2011

* Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> [111110 11:21]:
> Op 10-11-11 10:47, Paul Eggleton schreef:
> > On Thursday 10 November 2011 08:47:17 Anders Darander wrote:
> >> * Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at gmx.de> [111109 23:17]:

> >> Sure, that sounds like a nice idea. Although, in that case, SysV-init
> >> files should probably also be packaged in separate packages and be
> >> installed in a similar manner.

> > Why are we going to such an effort to provide both sysvinit and systemd
> > in the same distro? Why not make it a distro policy decision? This would
> > save a huge amount of work.

> So I can start sending patches to add the systemd files to ${PN} in oe-core
> recipes now? That's the big hold up: lack of vision from the OE-core folks.

Why not, it'd be nice to not have to install a bunch of extra packages
just to get the systemd files installed. (OTOH, no big deal, but then we
also could consider splitting out the SysV-init-files...)

And we should also move systemd into oe-core. That's atleast my wish...

/Anders

--
Anders Darander
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB