[oe] Plans for OE classic future

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:43:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 09:06 -0800 schrieb Khem Raj:

>> > As stated before there are still people using .dev and committing to it
>> > [1], and there are people interested in keeping it that way for a while.
>> > So as it stands I suggest to keep it open for a while for those that still
>> > are interested to use it.
>>
>> I would suggest that people interested in oe classic should use 2011.03
>> branch since its maintained and tested regularly. Its in their best
>> interest too since there are people behind the branch and it gets
>> regular bug fixes thats not true for master.
>
> That statement is not true as far as I can see from the commit log.
> Almost all patches to 2011.03-maintenance went through master.

Yes, but that's also due, in general to the nature of the branch.
Angstrom/TI related stuff was going master->2011.03-maintenance before
I clarified that coming from oe-core is also fine.  As of yet, no one
else has stepped up and said "I need DISTRO=foo MACHINE=bar working
here, and I intend to keep an eye on things".  Having angstrom-2008.1
in there seems to be good enough for most cases.

--
Tom