[oe] Plans for OE classic future

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:11:01 UTC 2011

2011/11/25 Tom Rini <tom.rini at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Paul Menzel
> <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> it
> while.
> still
> >>
> >> I would suggest that people interested in oe classic should use 2011.03
> >> branch since its maintained and tested regularly. Its in their best
> >> interest too since there are people behind the branch and it gets
> >> regular bug fixes thats not true for master.
> >
> > That statement is not true as far as I can see from the commit log.
> > Almost all patches to 2011.03-maintenance went through master.
>
> Yes, but that's also due, in general to the nature of the branch.
> Angstrom/TI related stuff was going master->2011.03-maintenance before
> I clarified that coming from oe-core is also fine.  As of yet, no one
> else has stepped up and said "I need DISTRO=foo MACHINE=bar working
> here, and I intend to keep an eye on things".  Having angstrom-2008.1
> in there seems to be good enough for most cases.

Forgot to mention this in my previous email, but I do have an interest in
minimal and minimal-uclibc for mpc8313. Then again virtually all of my work
is console only, so I'm not really into a position to test lots of things.
I'm keeping an eye on things though and have one or two patches pending
(e.g. our current netsnmp version and uclibc do not seem to be friends).
Personally I prefer to commit these patches to master and issue a pull
request for them and I prefer it if others do the same, so we have a
centralized location, instead of a gazillion git trees at several places.

Frans.