[oe] "cannot find -lppl_c" link error

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:50:57 UTC 2011

>> I have just finished my built - the whole lot and with a lot of warnings, mainly from unpackaged files - don't know whether these are important though.
>>

> they should be looked into sometimes there might be important files that
> go unpackaged

I kept a log of these and can attach them separately. From what I
remember the majority of them all were from the gcc packaging.

>> I'll probably spend the weekend fine-tuning this as my build went over 25G in size - massive! Thanks for your help Raj, much appreciated!
>>

> yes its big since a lot of software is built you could use rm_work
> feature where it will try to delete the work dirs after they are
> successfully built but I would suggest not to do that unless you
> really need it.

I really have to - I've expanded my "dev" partition to the limit now and
I run a lot of other things - I didn't expect this to take so much space
- I am executing a massive 15k+ steps task with bitbake at present and I
am dreading the free disk space - I have "barely" 50G left.

OE is actually a very handy tool to have - I have been struggling with
different projects mainly because of the nightmares of building and
maintaining the toolchains needed for the various arches I have been
using. This seems to be very streamlined in OE, so I might start
developing some recipes soon.