[oe] "cannot find -lppl_c" link error

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:41:33 UTC 2011

>> I have just finished my built - the whole lot and with a lot of warnings, mainly from unpackaged files - don't know whether these are important though.
>>

> they should be looked into sometimes there might be important files that
> go unpackaged

I am attaching (or trying to - I don't know whether the mailing list
daemon would accept it) this list where all my errors and warnings are
shown. Most of the warnings are "unpackaged files", but there are quite
a few QA-related ones as well.

>> I'll probably spend the weekend fine-tuning this as my build went over 25G in size - massive! Thanks for your help Raj, much appreciated!
>>

> yes its big since a lot of software is built you could use rm_work
> feature where it will try to delete the work dirs after they are
> successfully built but I would suggest not to do that unless you
> really need it.

I did need it, but it wasn't enough - I ended up moving files away to a
different partition on the network because I ended up needing 54G (yes,
that's right - fifty four gigabytes!) - this came down significantly
once the build has finished. My build failed a couple of times because
of two general errors:

1) all matchbox-related + libfakekey recipes use an outdated url
(svn.o-hand.com no longer hosts anything as they were taken over by
intel), so I found a separate site (git.yoctoproject.org)  which hosted
all this, though they use git, not svn, so I needed to (learn and)
adjust these recipes to function properly. As a result of using the new
(and updated!) repository one of the matchbox patches is no longer
needed. I am willing to submit patches for these recipes, though I do
not know what sort of policy is in place for these and how the
submission process works - help and advice on that front is appreciated.
I am attaching an "example" of the alterations I've done to the
libfakekey recipe to make it work (at least for my build).

2) fsogsmd doesn't compile properly - I had to disable the
"modem-nokia-isi" and "modem-qualcomm-palm" configure options
(qualcomm-palm build is where it all falls apart - see the attached
errors log) and make further adjustments to that recipe to disable all
"irrelevant" packaging (at least in my case - I was building for
"htcdream"), otherwise that won't work as there were no files produced
as a result of me altering the configure options. I have no idea how to
correct this - I was lucky in a way that I was building for htcdream and
not for qualcomm-palm device for example. I also attach an "example" of
the altered fsogsmd recipe - this is how I've made it to work.

I am also attaching my local.conf file as well for anyone interested,
because even though I've indicated my locales, they were all built
regardless of my selection. Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of that
option - I did not want to build any other locale-related packages
except for the locales I indicated in my local.conf file, is that how
this option works?

I have another query though - is there a way to build a package (.ipk)
to be included in the final image and not having to build it separately
into .ipk file and then install it from the embedded device?

As the htcdream/shr build was completed just to see how OE works, I am
now going to get a proper image built (which I will use) and see where
that takes me.