[oe] Documentation problems

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 08:24:45 UTC 2011

2011/11/28 Bernhard Guillon <Bernhard.Guillon at opensimpad.org>

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Richard Purdie wrote:
>
>  Rather than fork off the Yocto docs for OE's needs, it would be nice to
>> see if there was a way we could share the documentation.
>>

> I like that idea + the pull based model idea from Koen. In my opinion a
> pull based model for the documentation lower the barriers to write
> documentation because nobody want to write something false.

Of course I also do not want to write faulty documentation; then again I
also hate wasting my time, so I think I wouldn't even start if there was a
chance that my contribution might be rejected because the pull master does
not like my style or feels there are grammar errors or so.

(note that I am not a native english speaker so this is not too unlikely;
also if there are language errors in a contributed piece of documentation
on a wiki other people more proficient in english could correct those
easier and better than I ever can),

For me this raises the bar to contribute (not that I have contributed much
to our documentation...)

The issue with documentation
- everybody wants documentation
- hardly anyone wants to write documentation
- make it hard to write documentation and you'll end up with no
documentation.

BTW somewhere in the thread also the license issue was raised.
I'd suggest a form of creative commons with attribution clause.

Frans