[oe] Creating Rootfs images without packages

mgundes mgcse at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:22:34 UTC 2011

   Hi,

   I think one of the big issue with OE is build time. It does everything
for you, so that it takes too much times. I want to minimize build time and
realized that OE creates ipkgs for almost every package. If there is a way
to prevent creation of ipkgs it would be really good for me. In my opinion,
it would be fine for other people too since usually rootfs directory is
enough and ipkgs are not frequently used directly by developers.

   I have asked in freenode oe room but friends said there no way to do that
in OE system. If there is no way to do that in current OE, do you plan to
add as a feature?

   Thanks,

Regards

--