[oe] Creating Rootfs images without packages

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Oct 12 12:34:04 UTC 2011

On 2011-10-12 06:22, mgundes wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>     I think one of the big issue with OE is build time. It does everything
> for you, so that it takes too much times. I want to minimize build time and
> realized that OE creates ipkgs for almost every package. If there is a way

Not true.  Only the packages needed to complete your image will be built.

That said, there are some packages which are built (the first time only) that
comprise the build environment and tool chain which takes a lot of time, but
this is only the first time through.

What image & target are you building for and what packages are built that you
don't think needed to be built?