[oe] Keeping patch status uptodate in patchwork

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 21 20:39:53 UTC 2011

Dear Khem,

Am Freitag, den 21.10.2011, 10:20 -0700 schrieb Khem Raj:

> I would like to request the patch submitter to change the status of
> patches appropriately particularly case where manual intervention will
> be needed
>
> 1. When you send pull request the cover letter is not marked accepted
> automatically so when pull request is merged please mark it so.

I am guessing the cover letters could be filtered out automatically? It
should not be useful to track those in our patch queue since they do not
contain any patch. Is there a Python guru who can send a patch to
Patchwork upstream?

> 2. When multiple versions of patches V1, V2, V3 are sent then the
> versions that don't get applied should be marked as superseded.

Very true.

> It will greatly help in keeping the patchwork clean and layer
> maintainers and the data it represents will be lot more relevant.

Please refer (new) patch submitters to the Wiki page [1].

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Patchwork