[oe] [2011.03-maintenance] Pull request for binutils

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Tue Oct 25 07:50:30 UTC 2011

* Mats Kärrman <Mats.Karrman at tritech.se> [111025 09:37]:
> I'm sorry for the slow progress but I'm working 100% on something else
> so this is overtime...

Unfortunately a too common situation...

> What is the correct practice; to fork the oe repository at GitHub or
> to create a "username/maintenance" branch in the same repo?

Well, unless you already have a git account, with rw permission
openembedded.org (and thus can push to e.g. openembedded), the easiest
thing should be to use another hosting. I'm using github for my
pull-requests to meta-oe and oe-core.

If you do that, just:
1) fork openembedded on github
2) add the remote to you local git-tree
3) push your local branch to github, using i.e. `git push github
featureXXX`, assuming that you named the remote github.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander