[oe] [OE-core] OE Changelog for 2011-10-17 to 2011-10-24

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Fri Oct 28 02:35:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:06:32PM -0400, Cliff Brake wrote:
> On Thursday, October 27, 2011, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 04:40:53PM -0400, cliff.brake at gmail.com wrote:
> >> Changelog for 2011-10-17 to 2011-10-24.  Projects included in this
> report:
> >
> > FYI, I think you have a bug in your scripts, where it misses commits made
> on
> > Monday, that were not included in the previous ChangeLog and they are
> being
> > skipped in this one...
>
> Can you give me an example of a commit that got missed and I'll debug?

Well, it's not like I specifically verify that all my patches get mentioned in
the ChangeLog... :) But just glancing over it struck me that only u-boot
related ones were listed:

Changelog for meta-texasinstruments:
Denys Dmytriyenko (3):
  u-boot-2011.10rc: update to cover ti33x SOC boards, not just beaglebone
  u-boot 2011.10rc: update with latest rev and new SRC_URI
  u-boot 2011.10rc: update to the latest revision

So, I checked the previous ChangeLog and couldn't find others from the same
series, such as:
http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/commit/?id=2c8dcc2a8c16792c8a765a70109cc2462b83018e
http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/commit/?id=3b5eced12a10a3809f60df256b8f952c2286af4d
http://git.angstrom-distribution.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-texasinstruments/commit/?id=98cca8ea1d324a1a59b7d96838952a579c72b419

While, of course, the commits in question are still there, your ChangeLogs
provide additional informational benefits to the Community. So, I figured, you
might want to fix that small issue in the script to make it even better... :)

> > Also, can you please include meta-ti at yoctoproject.org as the official
> mailing
> > list for meta-ti/meta-texasinstruments BSP layer. Thanks.
>
> Ill look into something like that.  We currently don't have any type of
> email field, but something could be added.

No, I meant to add it to the distribution list, i.e. send future ChangeLogs
also to meta-ti at yoctoproject.org mailing list, along with oe-core, oe-dev and
angstrom lists. Unless you think it's overkill. Thanks.

--
Denys