[oe] How to call the old repository: oe.dev or OE classic?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 15 10:20:09 UTC 2011

On Thursday 15 September 2011 11:07:48 Paul Menzel wrote:
> it is confusing for outsiders if oe.dev and OE classic are referring to
> the same repository or not.

I can see how people could be confused, so yes we probably ought to have just
one name.

> So we need to make up an official name for the old repository. oe.dev or
> OE classic? I favor oe.dev, because it is shorter

oe-dev/oe.dev being a shortened "org.openembedded.dev" is kind of a relic of
the old (was it bitkeeper or monotone?) days prior to git. The benefit of
"classic" is it draws attention to the fact that it's deprecated, whereas to
me, dev implies that's where development still occurs. So my personal vote is
for OE-classic.

Cheers,
Paul

--