[oe] guidelines for upstart in oe?

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Mon Sep 19 08:06:22 UTC 2011

* Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch-fe.de> [110916 18:15]:
> I'm not sure if there exist upstart based oe distros/images. But it
> seems that there are some systemd based ones
> (recipes/images/angstrom-systemd-image.bb).

> Do they have a similar problem? How do these handle the sysvinit
> config vs. systemd config for the different services?

It varies slightly.

Some packages, e.g. dropbear, has an extra package dropbear-systemd in
meta-oe, that packages the systemd unit files for dropbear. The same is
true for dbus in oe-core.

Other packages, like ofono in oe-core, pacakages the systemd unit files
directly in the ofono-package.

In all these cases, sysvinit files are supplied directly in the main
package.

Cheers,
Anders

--