[oe] guidelines for upstart in oe?

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Mon Sep 19 09:11:44 UTC 2011

On 19.09.2011 10:06, Anders Darander wrote:
> * Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch-fe.de> [110916 18:15]:
>> I'm not sure if there exist upstart based oe distros/images. But it
>> seems that there are some systemd based ones
>> (recipes/images/angstrom-systemd-image.bb).
>
>> Do they have a similar problem? How do these handle the sysvinit
>> config vs. systemd config for the different services?
>
> It varies slightly.
>
> Some packages, e.g. dropbear, has an extra package dropbear-systemd in
> meta-oe, that packages the systemd unit files for dropbear. The same is
> true for dbus in oe-core.
>
> Other packages, like ofono in oe-core, pacakages the systemd unit files
> directly in the ofono-package.
>
> In all these cases, sysvinit files are supplied directly in the main
> package.

Hmmmm? This seems to be suitable for systemd images but not for upstart. :(

If a package installs sysvinit files *and* upstart jobs both will be used (at least as long as upstart supports the sysvinit runlevels for a better migration). So there's a need to install one of them only.

Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058