[oe] Apply patches on embedded linux board

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:33:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Kevin Qiu <k_q_11 at zoho.com> wrote:
>  I am a newbie on Linux. I need to apply the following patch to fix the user
> button http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/7091/. However, I am not sure
> if I do need the kernel source to apply the patch. I am just using the
> Angstrom distro coming with the board.

OK. This will need some learning. You need to learn how to compile a
Linux kernel.
google will show up many documents that should help you learn that.

Angstrom does have binary feeds too so check if a patched kernel is
already available
for your device if its there then you dont have to learn how to
compile the kernel