[oe] Apply patches on embedded linux board

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Apr 13 19:59:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Kevin Qiu <k_q_11 at zoho.com> wrote:
> >  I am a newbie on Linux. I need to apply the following patch to fix the user
> > button http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/7091/. However, I am not sure
> > if I do need the kernel source to apply the patch. I am just using the
> > Angstrom distro coming with the board.
>
> OK. This will need some learning. You need to learn how to compile a
> Linux kernel. google will show up many documents that should help
> you learn that.

  at the risk of self-promotion, i have the (free) beginning of a
kernel programming course for newbies here:

http://crashcourse.ca/introduction-linux-kernel-programming-2nd-edition/introduction-linux-kernel-programming-2nd-edition

it covers the basics of getting, configuring and building your first
kernel.  everything that's there right this minute is public content,
so help yourself if you find it useful.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca