[oe] [oe-core] ld segfault cant figure it out

j vwyodapink at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 21:16:39 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 01:17 PM, j wrote:
> On 04/17/2012 12:49 PM, j wrote:

>>> There is a known issue w/ nvidia drivers, segfaulting and QEMU.  Is
>>> something in perl (or elsewhere) trying to run qemu to finish up a
>>> task?
>>>
>>> --Mark
>> Not that I can tell, but that does not mean it is not (still learning
>> things), but possible one of threads is working on something perl
>> related when it happens and I am not seeing it or realizing it. If
>> you are willing to post the commands I could run to check, I can post
>> the results. But when I do just a bitbake -c compile perl on a clean
>> build dir all I would see was the segfault in dmesg and the results
>> in QA log. Nothing would show up on the command line that was not in
>> the QA log, after doing each step one by one.
>>
>> But it must be related to this known issue with nvidia. Should be a
>> couple hours before both machines finish building the kernel and
>> perl, will post the results after. But looks promising for my laptop
>> so far as no segfaults yet. Borrowed machine is on to building the
>> kernel now and nothing posted yet.
>>
>> Thank you for your response very appreciated. I will also read more
>> about the issue you stated.
>>

> From what I am reading about this is its related to libgl. But on the
> machine I borrowed I used nouveau driver's which uses the libgl that
> is expected not the nvidia's supplied version. So maybe that is not
> fully it. But still all seems related to being in an X environment for
> me when building. Which is at least easy to work around.
>
> Will post if it segfaults again on either machine once they are done.

My borrowed machine segfaulted while finishing building perl. So I guess
that had nothing to do with the segfault issues. I ended up with the
same qa.log output and same type of output on dmesg relating to libc and
ld again.

Laptop no X on that segfaulted in the normal places

Should I try installing Ubuntu 10.04 on the borrowed machine and seeing
if the OS works on that machine? I am still lost as nothing seems to
really be telling me what is segfaulting. The rest of the logs basically
look the same as the series I posted earlier.