[oe] [oe-core] ld segfault cant figure it out

j vwyodapink at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 00:37:51 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 02:16 PM, j wrote:
> On 04/17/2012 01:17 PM, j wrote:

>>> Not that I can tell, but that does not mean it is not (still
>>> learning things), but possible one of threads is working on
>>> something perl related when it happens and I am not seeing it or
>>> realizing it. If you are willing to post the commands I could run to
>>> check, I can post the results. But when I do just a bitbake -c
>>> compile perl on a clean build dir all I would see was the segfault
>>> in dmesg and the results in QA log. Nothing would show up on the
>>> command line that was not in the QA log, after doing each step one
>>> by one.
>>>
>>> But it must be related to this known issue with nvidia. Should be a
>>> couple hours before both machines finish building the kernel and
>>> perl, will post the results after. But looks promising for my laptop
>>> so far as no segfaults yet. Borrowed machine is on to building the
>>> kernel now and nothing posted yet.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your response very appreciated. I will also read more
>>> about the issue you stated.
>>>

>> From what I am reading about this is its related to libgl. But on the
>> machine I borrowed I used nouveau driver's which uses the libgl that
>> is expected not the nvidia's supplied version. So maybe that is not
>> fully it. But still all seems related to being in an X environment
>> for me when building. Which is at least easy to work around.
>>
>> Will post if it segfaults again on either machine once they are done.
>
> My borrowed machine segfaulted while finishing building perl. So I
> guess that had nothing to do with the segfault issues. I ended up with
> the same qa.log output and same type of output on dmesg relating to
> libc and ld again.
>
> Laptop no X on that segfaulted in the normal places
>
> Should I try installing Ubuntu 10.04 on the borrowed machine and
> seeing if the OS works on that machine? I am still lost as nothing
> seems to really be telling me what is segfaulting. The rest of the
> logs basically look the same as the series I posted earlier.

Well finally caught what I think is the package the segfault kicks on
expat. Though not sure what I should look for to be able to sort it out
but will see where I get.

Though I still get the gcc and bash messages in the QA log. If anyone is
willing to share some info on what or how I can figure out how to find
what causes the segfault in the recipe or if I am even catching the
correct one.

Thank you