[oe] Openembedded and ld-linux-armhf.so.3

Martin Ertsås martiert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:38:07 UTC 2012

Hi.

I'm working on a pandaboard with OMAP4460. Were trying to use the newest
PVR drivers, which conforms to the result that arose from
https://wiki.linaro.org/OfficeofCTO/HardFloat/LinkerPathCallApr2012

We have applied the patch at the bottom of that page gcc, and also a
patch for making eglibc make ld-linux-armhf, and load ld-linux-armhf
instead of ld-linux. Problem is, this gives us a kernel panic when it
tries to run init. Linking ld-linux.so.3 to ld-linux-armhf.so.3 does not
work, and we're kind of in the dark as to what is missing.

We tried fixing this by renaming the toolchain to be
arm-none-linux-gnueabihf instead of arm-none-linux-gnueabi, as we heard
this might be a problem with hardfloats, but this needed a lot of extra
patches, and some patchwork on other packages like openssl and shadow.

My question is, are there any ongoing plans to fix this, and make sure
that if we have set hard float we make ld-linux-armhf in openembedded?

For the record we are using eglibc2.15 and gcc4.6 from openembedded-core.

Best regards
Martin Ertsaas