[oe] [meta-efl][RFC 00/14] Newer EFL if someone is interested - just RFC now

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:07:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:19:10PM +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> It's RFC because I've tested it only with efl-from-svn-recipes.inc in use
> (1.2.1 EFL isn't probably compatible with this new e-wm and stuff..) and
> without rebuilding from scratch (will probably force me to fix some other
> recipes too because of new automake etc.. :/)
>
> Next EFL release is planed for end of July and first E17 release after that
> so it's time for interested people to test their changes, but I'll probably
> send final pull-request only when there are beta/rc tarballs too (so that
> efl-from-svn-recipes.inc won't be needed).

Small update on this:

that branch has now 43 commits to keep all efl stuff building (quite a
few EFL_SRCREV bumps followed with changes in recipes needed for new
versio - I don't plan to squash them together as it's easier to see why
some changes were needed this way).

And raster said that maybe today he'll cut alpha releases.

My tests with current EFL_SRCREVs shows significant improvements, so as
soon as I test those alpha tarballs I'll send jansa/efl pull request.

And then just update recipes for beta/final later in follow up patches.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com