[oe] [OE-core] [meta-openembedded][RFC] meta-multimedia layer

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 7 23:03:44 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 02:49 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On (07/02/12 12:08), Koen Kooi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> During FOSDEM Paul Eggleton and I discussed moving a few multimedia recipes (libav, xbmc, faac, faad, etc) out of meta-oe into a new meta-multimedia layer hosted in the meta-openembedded git repo. This would allow e.g. meta-baryon to drop a number of recipes while avoiding the need to drag in the complete meta-oe layer.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> yes idea is fine. Will it then host all multimedia related stuff ? or
> just whats in meta-oe is being moved.

This is a good idea, we should get a good proposal so it's clear what's
moving where and how.  Currently this should start with meta-oe and we
can then evaluate if anything in oe-core should move there.

This is similar to the starting point we have with gnome, but we needed
to keep some of that in core.

Thanks for the effort.

Sau!