[oe] bitbake confusion

Rich Pixley rich.pixley at palm.com
Wed Feb 8 01:22:49 UTC 2012

I've just started working with current OE, (Palm has been branched for
several years).  And I'm a bit confused about how bitbake is supposed to
work these days.

In the output below, how do I tell where the file with the erroneous
line might be?  I mean, I can grep, but that won't necessarily tell me
which file bitbake thought led to the failing include.

What am I missing?

--rich

-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "/home/rich/projects/webos/" -*-
Compilation started at Tue Feb  7 17:17:22

time make
BBPATH=`pwd`/build:`pwd`/openembedded `pwd`/bitbake/bin/bitbake -v -D
bootstrap-image
DEBUG: Removed the following variables from the environment: HISTFILE,
LESS, SSH_CLIENT, CVS_RSH, EMACS, MAKEFLAGS, LANGUAGE, SFDIR, SHLVL,
HISTSIZE, TMPDIR, EMACSCLIENT, MFLAGS, CVSROOT, NETHACKOPTIONS, EDITOR,
INSIDE_EMACS, ignoreeof, XENVIRONMENT, ENV, COLUMNS, TERMCAP, SSH_TTY,
MAKELEVEL, TAPE, GWMPATH, RNINIT, MAIL, SSH_CONNECTION, PAGER, MORE
DEBUG: Clearing SRCREV cache due to cache policy of: clear
DEBUG: Using cache in
'/home/rich/projects/webos/tmp/cache/bb_codeparser.dat' for codeparser cache
DEBUG: collecting .bb files
DEBUG: Using cache in
'/home/rich/projects/webos/tmp/cache/eglibc/beagleboard'
Loaded 5 entries from dependency cache.
DEBUG: Using cache in
'/home/rich/projects/webos/tmp/cache/bb_codeparser.dat' for codeparser cache
ERROR: Could not include required file abiword-2.5.inc
ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

make: *** [all] Error 1

real    0m2.060s
user    0m1.764s
sys    0m0.304s

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Tue Feb  7 17:17:24