[oe] bitbake confusion

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:19:54 UTC 2012

On (07/02/12 17:22), Rich Pixley wrote:
> I've just started working with current OE, (Palm has been branched
> for several years).  And I'm a bit confused about how bitbake is
> supposed to work these days.

I would suggest you use the new layered model to start with. We still
have classic oe there but its not being developed on there is a
maintenace release of that and that it. latest bitbake has also probably
not been tested with classic oe metadata.

in the new model you will have webos as a new layer on top of existing
oe-core and other layers around it. metadata is maintained in separate
layers. You can look at angstrom or yocto for how the layers are used
for a distro.

> In the output below, how do I tell where the file with the erroneous
> line might be?  I mean, I can grep, but that won't necessarily tell
> me which file bitbake thought led to the failing include.
>
> What am I missing?

so if you still want to use oe classic you have to stick to 1.12 release
of bitbake I think

> --rich
>
> -*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "/home/rich/projects/webos/" -*-
> Compilation started at Tue Feb  7 17:17:22
>
> time make
> BBPATH=`pwd`/build:`pwd`/openembedded `pwd`/bitbake/bin/bitbake -v
> -D bootstrap-image
> DEBUG: Removed the following variables from the environment:
> HISTFILE, LESS, SSH_CLIENT, CVS_RSH, EMACS, MAKEFLAGS, LANGUAGE,
> SFDIR, SHLVL, HISTSIZE, TMPDIR, EMACSCLIENT, MFLAGS, CVSROOT,
> NETHACKOPTIONS, EDITOR, INSIDE_EMACS, ignoreeof, XENVIRONMENT, ENV,
> COLUMNS, TERMCAP, SSH_TTY, MAKELEVEL, TAPE, GWMPATH, RNINIT, MAIL,
> SSH_CONNECTION, PAGER, MORE
> DEBUG: Clearing SRCREV cache due to cache policy of: clear
> DEBUG: Using cache in
> '/home/rich/projects/webos/tmp/cache/bb_codeparser.dat' for
> codeparser cache
> DEBUG: collecting .bb files
> DEBUG: Using cache in
> '/home/rich/projects/webos/tmp/cache/eglibc/beagleboard'
> Loaded 5 entries from dependency cache.
> DEBUG: Using cache in
> '/home/rich/projects/webos/tmp/cache/bb_codeparser.dat' for
> codeparser cache
> ERROR: Could not include required file abiword-2.5.inc
> ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> real    0m2.060s
> user    0m1.764s
> sys    0m0.304s
>
> Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Tue Feb  7 17:17:24

-Khem