[oe] FOSDEM 2012 - stand organization thread

Robert Schuster thebohemian at gmx.net
Mon Jan 23 11:54:00 UTC 2012

Hi Radoslav,

Am 21.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Radoslav Kolev:
> Hey guys,
>
> It's my first time going to FOSDEM, so I don't know how it works out
> exactly. I'm not an Openembedded "master", but have been using it for
> a while and can try to explain to people what it is and why it's
> useful. So, hopefully I can help a bit with the stand too.
That's great and you surely can help. I am also not using OE daily but I
was working long enough for it to be able to tell conference attendees
what it can ( and why its way cooler than the competition. :P ).

As it is your first time visit I honestly ask you not to spend too much
time at our booth (a few hours is fine though) as FOSDEM is a really
intense and vibrant event. That does not mean we don't want your help
(quite the contrary) but I want to prevent that you'll get the feeling
of having missed something. FOSDEM has a lot of superb presentations,
interesting people you'd like to talk to etc.

Fair enough, meeting us OE people is probably also part of the bill. :)

> As for bringing hardware, what is usually needed here? I have some
> evaluation boards with different ARM SoCs, some with an LCD and touch
> screen that can run Angstrom and QT embedded demo apps, but nothing
> very impressive to show. Would that be useful?
A good idea for a device might be:
 - looks interesting
 - you can tell about the device/OS
 - it can withstand transport (not too fragile)

All the best,
Robert