[oe] WARN: polkit pulls systemd to image if not disabled explicitly

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:44:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 01:36:15PM +0000, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 January 2012 14:27:18 Martin Jansa wrote:
> > Since version 104 polkit has support for systemd session tracking
> > commit
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/PolicyKit/commit/?id=2027302e803a9569a370b429a47
> > 5dae5ef8afe34
> >
> > Unless passed --disable-systemd it will autodetect libsystemd-login
> > with pkg-config and enable it, which results in polkit package pulling
> > systemd as RDEPEND.
> >
> > To check your build look for
> > Session tracking:           ConsoleKit
> > or
> > Session tracking:           systemd
> > in polkit-0.104-r*/temp/log.do_configure
> >
> > and as gconf depends on polkit I guess this happens for a lot of images.
>
> Are we now at the stage where we need a distro-level option to enable/disable
> systemd?

It would be easier with some global (as distro-level) switch.. it's easy
to watch for ${PN}-systemd subpackages going to image (as they are
usually pulled by task-* recipes), but in case like this with polkit
it's more difficult and cannot work OOTB for both sides I guess.
(I'm fine with bbappend in my distro layer for now..)

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com