[oe] net-snmp build failure

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 14:52:39 UTC 2012

On 26/06/12 15:35, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> Has anyone successfully built net-snmp-server for the Beaglebone under
> the Poky distribution (or more generally using GCC 4.7.x for arm)? I
> had a go today but it failed (see file attached) and it looks to me
> like a bug in GCC or a bug in net-snmp that GCC 4.7 has shown up...

To fix this build failure I removed the systemd patch which allowed it
to build. The issue (initially) seems that the patch enables systemd but
there is no configure switch to disable it once the patch is applied.
I'm sure this is wrong as it sound ridiculous, however easiest for my to
just try to get it going was removal of the patch. I will hopefully have
time to revisit later and see if I can put a proper fix in.

Regards,

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer