[oe] maintainers tool to monitor upstream

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:02:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Andrea Galbusera <gizero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you experienced recipes' maintainers using any tool to
> automatically monitor upstream projects for new releases?
> I'm not planning to become a full-time maintainer but, since I
> recently submitted a new recipe for meta-oe, I'd like to keep it as
> up-to-date as possible. I asked myself if a suitable convenience tool
> was available. After a quick search I found solutions like cnucnu
> which appear to be used by Fedora for a similar purpose. Must read
> further to see if they could fit.
> Just wanted to throw the question to "real" maintainers first.

I personally subscibe to announce mls of packages I am interested so I
get notified
but use no automated tool otherwise.
cnucnu seems to be nice.
seems data used by cnucnu is something that bitbake fetchers are already groking
from recipes. I think may be either generating this raw file that
cnucnu needs using
bitbake or adding the cnucnu like functionality to bitbake could be nice.

I like the fact that it can file bugs too.