[oe] oe-core layer including support for i.MX28

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 17:01:07 UTC 2012

>However, you should be able to base your work on that and keep doing rebases against this branch

Will do.

What's the view/policy on adding custom board implementations into these
layers?

e.g. I'm about to start taking a look at an i.MX51 based screen unit.
Various machine parameters are different including SDRAM settings, so
I'll probably end up with a new machine, imx51gem or some such, much as
I did with my imx28evk based "gem" in oe-classic.

Is the the new machine target and associated recipes, kernel+patches
something that I should expect to be able to merge back into
meta-fsl-arm at some point?

Thanks / Best Regards,

Alex