[oe] libmatthew-java-0.7.1.tar.gz not fetchable

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Tue Mar 20 07:13:16 UTC 2012

On 19.03.2012 17:21, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 04:44:10PM +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

>>> If someone points Khem at a copy, this can happen...
>>>
>>> --
>> google is your friend
>>
>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/libmatthew-java/libmatthew-java-0.7.1.tar.gz/6a4db221129f230c64a0f937d00bb703/libmatthew-java-0.7.1.tar.gz
>>
>> It might be useful to update the recipe itself as well.
>> Furthermore we might consider running a fetchall and put all fetched
>> on the mirror.
>
> Does pkgs.fedoraproject.org have a policy about forever, ala
> snapshot.debian.org?  Otherwise, we're just making a problem for
> ourselves in the future.  WRT an everything mirror, I think bandwidth
> usage is a concern there, ala what I think happened with the angstrom
> everything mirror.

Khem has put the tarball on the mirror. But this does not fix our problem.

Fetching from the original url downloads an XHTML error page and stores it under the name of the archive. This of course results in a checksum mismatch. :(

So in my opinion changing the recipe to the fedoraproject url seems to be the best way.

Regards,
Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058