[oe] libmatthew-java-0.7.1.tar.gz not fetchable

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:42:42 UTC 2012

2012/3/20 Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch-fe.de>:
> On 19.03.2012 17:21, Tom Rini wrote:

>>> google is your friend
>>>
>>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/libmatthew-java/libmatthew-java-0.7.1.tar.gz/6a4db221129f230c64a0f937d00bb703/libmatthew-java-0.7.1.tar.gz
>>>
>>> It might be useful to update the recipe itself as well.
>>> Furthermore we might consider running a fetchall and put all fetched
>>> on the mirror.
>>
>> Does pkgs.fedoraproject.org have a policy about forever, ala
>> snapshot.debian.org?  Otherwise, we're just making a problem for
>> ourselves in the future.  WRT an everything mirror, I think bandwidth
>> usage is a concern there, ala what I think happened with the angstrom
>> everything mirror.

I don't know about the policy fedora has for retaining packages.
There might also be a copy on debian. Google gave a fair number of hits.

Wrt the bandwidth problem: fair
Then again, I'm not sure how much oe classic is build nowadays and how
much load this would really mean.

In any case we could run a fetchall and store the results somewhere.
Then we at least have a copy handy if upstream does not have the
sources any more.

> Khem has put the tarball on the mirror. But this does not fix our problem.
>
> Fetching from the original url downloads an XHTML error page and stores it under the name of the archive. This of course results in a checksum mismatch. :(
>
> So in my opinion changing the recipe to the fedoraproject url seems to be the best way.

There is yet another option. We could also host the sources somewhere
on oe and adapt the recipe to read from this oe dir.
The difference with a mirror is that this also works if there is no
mirror configured (and ofc "somewhere" could be the mirror dir).

Frans