[oe] finding mime-support in multiple oe trees?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri May 11 13:36:28 UTC 2012

On Friday 11 May 2012 08:45:50 Bob Cochran wrote:
> I can find recipes for mime-support in both meta-openembedded and
> meta-openembedded-contrib under meta-oe/recipes-support.  The former has
> a 3.48 recipe and the latter has a 3.44 recipe.
>
> Is finding the same recipe in multiple trees (not including classic) a
> glitch or the norm?
>
> I'm going on the assumption that a production image is best off pulling
> a recipe from a non contrib layer (when available) unless the contrib
> layer / recipe solves a specific need.

In OE, the contrib repos are used for staging and submitting changes (via pull
requests) and get cleared out regularly. People shouldn't be using them for
anything permanent, so unless someone points you to a branch in the contrib
repo to test something you probably shouldn't use anything in it as it could
be unfinished and/or vanish at any time.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton