[oe] finding mime-support in multiple oe trees?

Bob Cochran openembedded at mindchasers.com
Fri May 11 12:45:50 UTC 2012

Hello,

I can find recipes for mime-support in both meta-openembedded and
meta-openembedded-contrib under meta-oe/recipes-support.  The former has
a 3.48 recipe and the latter has a 3.44 recipe.

Is finding the same recipe in multiple trees (not including classic) a
glitch or the norm?

I'm going on the assumption that a production image is best off pulling
a recipe from a non contrib layer (when available) unless the contrib
layer / recipe solves a specific need.

Thanks in advance for providing any insight into this issue of multiple
recipes in different trees.

Bob