[oe] [meta-kde] Status of the meta-kde layer

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Thu May 31 09:54:36 UTC 2012

2012/5/25 Samuel Stirtzel <s.stirtzel at googlemail.com>:
> 2012/5/11 Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>:
>>
>> Op 11-05-12 12:44, Samuel Stirtzel schreef:
>>
>>> Testing meta-kde: Currently it won't work until you can provide
>>> soprano-native from your host or elsewhere. After this issue is resolved
>>> it will be easy to archive on OpenEmbedded if you use the branch
>>> sst-test-images:
>>> https://gitorious.org/openembedded-core-layers/meta-kde/trees/sst-test-images/recipes-images
>>>

>> *just talking to myself* Maybe it would be a good idea to have a git
>>> subtree providing the images, so parsing won't fail over
>>> "systemd-image.bb not found" on Poky?
>>
>> changing the 'require' to 'include' should get around that.
>
> Hi,
> this works good thanks for pointing that out.
> I merged the branch sst-test-images into master.
>
> The soprano-native recipe with the missing onto2vocabularyclass binary
> was added too.
> Testing this layer should be possible now.

Some screenshots of Plasma Active (Overo Gumstix Water armv7a Cortex-A8):

Plasma Active has a nice touch-interface based layout, on normal
screens (5:4 1280x1024) it looks a bit over sized:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx-m3uk1yDB-WnFxTkhyOVBkRU0

CPU is under heavy load, but it is entirely caused by the xserver (I'm
looking into that):
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx-m3uk1yDB-QmlKRFRuRWxZMWs

(commits are not yet on gitorious)

--