[oe] New kmod {libdir} breaks udev, systemd build

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Mon May 14 12:48:52 UTC 2012

Hi there,

[...]

>> Take meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/udev/udev_182.bb, for
>> example. The build predictably fails with
>>
>> checking for KMOD... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (libkmod >= 5) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'libkmod' found
>>

>> So what's the right thing do do here? Use a different package install
>> path for libkmod, or point udev to /lib/pkgconfig by extending its
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH correspondingly?
>
> I have some build failure.

Me too. systemd is failing to build for the same reason. For a quick
fix-ish workaround try adding

PKG_CONFIG_PATH =
"${PKG_CONFIG_DIR}:${STAGING_DATADIR}/pkgconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR}/${base_libdir}/pkgconfig/"

(^^ supposed to be one single line ^^)

to both systemd and udev recipes. Yes, I know, this is a very ugly
hack. I'm still waiting for a response to my either-or question in
this mail thread's first mail before submitting a patch to fix the
issue.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle