[oe] New kmod {libdir} breaks udev, systemd build

Marko Lindqvist cazfi74 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 16:51:43 UTC 2012

On 14 May 2012 15:48, Thilo Fromm <fromm at dresearch-fe.de> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> [...]
>
>>> Take meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/udev/udev_182.bb, for
>>> example. The build predictably fails with
>>>
>>> checking for KMOD... no
>>> configure: error: Package requirements (libkmod >= 5) were not met:
>>>
>>> No package 'libkmod' found
>>>
>>> So what's the right thing do do here? Use a different package install
>>> path for libkmod, or point udev to /lib/pkgconfig by extending its
>>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH correspondingly?
>>
>> I have some build failure.
>
> Me too.

  Worked for me until I enabled meta-openembedded/meta-oe layer for
unrelated reason. Wouldn't behavior meet least-surprise goals better
if openembedded-core version of udev would be the default one
regardless of what additional layers one enables/disables, and meta-oe
version to be the one one has to request explicitly?

 - ML