[oe] New kmod {libdir} breaks udev, systemd build

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Mon May 14 17:23:04 UTC 2012

Hello,

>>> I have some build failure.
>>
>> Me too.
>
>  Worked for me until I enabled meta-openembedded/meta-oe layer for
> unrelated reason. Wouldn't behavior meet least-surprise goals better
> if openembedded-core version of udev would be the default one
> regardless of what additional layers one enables/disables, and meta-oe
> version to be the one one has to request explicitly?

openembedded-core only features udev-164 (vs. -182 in meta-oe). -164
in oe-core does not use libkmod, so there's no issue with libkmod in
oe-core. It's no surprise that it "worked for you", you were building
anicent tools.

Try building any tool in oe-core which requires libkmod (and therefore
will go look for libkmod's pkgconf file). If there is such a thing, it
will fail to build. Because kmod installs it .pc file to the wrong
place.

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle