[oe] New kmod {libdir} breaks udev, systemd build

Marko Lindqvist cazfi74 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:42:11 UTC 2012

On 14 May 2012 20:23, Thilo Fromm <fromm at dresearch-fe.de> wrote:

> openembedded-core only features udev-164 (vs. -182 in meta-oe). -164
> in oe-core does not use libkmod, so there's no issue with libkmod in
> oe-core. It's no surprise that it "worked for you", you were building
> anicent tools.

 I know. I were asking why versions are setup like this. If -182 makes
more sensible default, why it's not one in -core. My main point was
that seemingly unrelated change to build xterm to my image (requiring
meta-oe layer) caused *default* udev version to change (I'm not
setting PREFERRED_VERSION anywhere). Shouldn't -core versions be the
default ones, that one may override?

 - ML