[oe] New kmod {libdir} breaks udev, systemd build

Thilo Fromm fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Tue May 15 08:36:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

>> openembedded-core only features udev-164 (vs. -182 in meta-oe). -164
>> in oe-core does not use libkmod, so there's no issue with libkmod in
>> oe-core. It's no surprise that it "worked for you", you were building
>> anicent tools.
>
>  I know. I were asking why versions are setup like this. If -182 makes
> more sensible default, why it's not one in -core. My main point was
> that seemingly unrelated change to build xterm to my image (requiring
> meta-oe layer) caused *default* udev version to change (I'm not
> setting PREFERRED_VERSION anywhere). Shouldn't -core versions be the
> default ones, that one may override?

I don't know; this is more of a political decision. If oe-core should
be the default then oe-core should always provide the most current
version, imho. But I'm just a bystander anyways; I think this has to
be resolved between oe-core, meta-oe, and Angstrom (which we happen to
use, too).

Regards,
Thilo

--
Dipl.-Ing (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Embedded Systems Architect
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Tel: +49 (30) 515 932 228   mailto:fromm at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 (30) 515 932 77    http://www.dresearch.de
Amtsgericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 130120 B
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058
Geschäftsführer: Dr. M. Weber, W. Mögle