[oe] Where do I override DISTRO_FEATURES?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 15 16:23:43 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 15 May 2012 18:12:35 Thilo Fromm wrote:
> I'm trying to remove an element from DISTRO_FEATURES (specifically
> "ld-is-gold"), but I am unable to find the right spot to do it. The
> distribution we're using (Angstrom, as it happens) sets this in
> conf/distro/angstrom-v2012.x.conf. My machine configuration is the
> wrong spot to modify DISTRO_FEATURES, since it will be processed
> first. local.conf is not working, too.
>
> So could anybody please tell me where I need to put my
>
> DISTRO_FEATURES = "${@'${DISTRO_FEATURES}}'.replace('ld-is-gold',  '')}"
>
> so it applies for the build?

Unfortunately such hacks only work for variables that are not set within the
distro configuration, which is applied after local.conf.

Ultimately you shouldn't really do this. If you want to change distro policy
then you really ought to have your own distro configuration, or try to work
with the existing distro to fix whatever problem exists.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton