[oe] [oe-commits] Otavio Salvador : libav: Change the PACKAGES_DYNAMIC expression to be more restrict

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Oct 11 09:38:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 11:32 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> glob would make libav PACKAGES_DYNAMIC a bit longer (6 glob expressions)
> and would need another bitbake version bump + bump of required version
> in sanity test.

Also, I don't think there's any precedent for globs in the metadata: all
the other variables I can think of (COMPATIBLE_HOST etc) are regexps.
The fact that people have been using it wrongly up to now doesn't seem
like a particularly compelling reason to change bitbake's behaviour.

There aren't all that many PACKAGES_DYNAMICses in oe-core (and
presumably not all that many more in meta-oe either) and it wouldn't be
very hard to just fix them.  I think we should do that.

p.