[oe] sox-native

John Stirling john.stirling at audiopartnership.com
Fri Oct 26 09:12:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

Our OE build is based on angstrom (master) -

https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts/blob/master/sourc
es/layers.txt

As part of our build we need to use sox to generate some audio files
that are present on the image.

I'm getting stuck trying to build sox-native -

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libav-native' (but
virtual:native:/build/johns/zander/setup-scripts/sources/meta-openembedd
ed/meta-multimedia/recipes-multimedia/sox/sox_14.4.0.bb DEPENDS on or
otherwise requires it)

ERROR: Required build target 'sox-native' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['sox-native',
'libav-native']

I'm not sure what I need to do to get libav-native working. I tried
adding

BBCLASSEXTEND = "native"

to libav.inc

which changes the error to -

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'pulseaudio-native' (but
virtual:native:/build/johns/zander/setup-scripts/sources/meta-openembedd
ed/meta-multimedia/recipes-multimedia/sox/sox_14.4.0.bb DEPENDS on or
otherwise requires it)

ERROR: Required build target 'sox-native' has no buildable providers.

Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['sox-native',
'pulseaudio-native']

I suspect that going through each error and adding a BBCLASSEXTEND line
is not going to work ?

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

Audio Partnership PLC, Gallery Court, Hankey Place, London SE1 4BB, UK
Reg No. 2953313
This e-mail is confidential and for the addressee only.
Please refer to <a href="http://www.audiopartnership.com/AP-disclaimer.php">Disclaimer</a>  for important notices.