[oe] sox-native

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:12:26 UTC 2012

2012/10/26 John Stirling <john.stirling at audiopartnership.com>:
> Hi,
>

> Our OE build is based on angstrom (master) -
>

> https://github.com/Angstrom-distribution/setup-scripts/blob/master/sourc
> es/layers.txt
>

> As part of our build we need to use sox to generate some audio files
> that are present on the image.
>

> I'm getting stuck trying to build sox-native -

Hi,

if you need to create the files dynamically for each target (e.g. the
files change with each build) then there is at least one other
possibility.

> I suspect that going through each error and adding a BBCLASSEXTEND line
> is not going to work ?

Basically what you do now is: Add native providers for each dependency
recursively (yes this could work).
But maybe it is easier to generate the files on the target? (not native)

If on target generation isn't an option for you, then all I can do is
recommend "bitbake -g -u depexp sox".
With this tool you can view the dependencies and don't have to wait
for bitbake to resolve them / to see them.

--
Regards
Samuel