[oe] sox-native

John Stirling ap.john.stirling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 09:48:42 UTC 2012

> > I suspect that going through each error and adding a BBCLASSEXTEND line
> > is not going to work ?
>

> Basically what you do now is: Add native providers for each dependency
> recursively (yes this could work).
> But maybe it is easier to generate the files on the target? (not native)
>

> If on target generation isn't an option for you, then all I can do is
> recommend "bitbake -g -u depexp sox".
> With this tool you can view the dependencies and don't have to wait
> for bitbake to resolve them / to see them.

On target generation isn't what we want.

I attempted to go further down the dependency tree and making everything
build natively but eventually got stuck with udev-native.

We could just generate these audio files completely outside of OE and then
pull them in pre built rather than attempt to get OE to generate them.

I'd quite like to get the native thing working though, but I'm out of ideas
now so will park it unless any OE experts out there fancy getting
sox-native to build..

Thanks for your help in any case.