[oe] [OE-core] State of bitbake world

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:06:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 03:52:24PM +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 15 April 2013 15:45, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
> > Speaking of GNOME, I noticed that I have to manually (re)run postinst for
> > gconf schemas after first boot to get the apps to work. Is anyone seeing the
> > same?
>
> Urgh.  No.  There was recent changes (breakage/fixage) to the postinst
> stuff, are you totally up to date?

I had 2 gnome related postinst issues when upgrading from very old
image.

1) gconf calling dbus which was complaining about /etc/machine-id and
recommending to use dbus-uuidgen

2) *cache*update (sorry don't remember the name) being killed by OOM
killer spitz is quite memory limited (iirc not fatal for postinst,
so it marked such recipes as configured).

gnome unrelated is that opkg upgrade was often ending with disk out
of space, all recipes PR bumped by PR service introduction and opkg
needed more free space then what current root-fs was using in order to
upgrade *everything* in one go.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com