[oe] SRC_URI for Subversion server not supporting svn:// protocol

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Thu Apr 25 20:11:44 UTC 2013

I have a Subversion server that is setup for https:// access only (Apache server which redirects all http to https, no svnserve active).  There is an application on the repository that I would like to create a recipe for.  However, I'm running into issues with the SRC_URI for this application.

If I create a SRC_URI of the form:
SRC_URI = "svn://path/to/svn/repository/;module=projectname;rev=HEAD;proto=https"

Then the fetch fails due to the svn checkout command being formed as:
svn co svn://path/to/svn/repository/ projectname

which my Subversion server rejects because it's not implementing the svn protocol (I know there are other checkout options in the command, but they're not important to this topic).  If I then change the SRC_URI as follows:
SRC_URI = "https://path/to/svn/repository/;module=projectname;rev=HEAD;proto=svn"

Then during the fetch it attempts to use wget instead of a svn checkout.  This also has issues since the base wget checkout is setup to checkout a single file and not recursively checkout a directory.  Plus, I'd like to do a Subversion checkout for my workflow.

Is there a way to tell Bitbake to do a svn checkout but use an https:// URL?  If not, does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bryan