[oe] Question about multiple recipe versions for the same package

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Fri Apr 26 21:25:27 UTC 2013

Hello,

if I have a package foo, I wrote a recipe for foo release 1.0 , and
another for building directly from its git repository
(in other terms, there are two .bb files, foo_1.0.bb and foo_git.bb ),
which one is preferred? I would like for the 1.0 one to be used by default.

And if 1.0 is preferred, how can I explicitely select the git version?
Is adding this line to local.conf:
   PREFERRED_VERSION_foo = "git"

correct? It would be nice if "git" were enough, instead of something
like "1.0+gitr${SRCREV}" .

cheers