[oe] opkg: How to make package signal reboot required?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:32:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 09:28:50PM -0400, Bryan Evenson wrote:
> All,
>
> I have a package that I created for my setup which, when upgraded, will require a system reboot.  Is there a general flag/setting that already exists to put in my Bitbake recipe to signal that the package requires a reboot?  If so, does it just set a flag that a reboot is required or does it force a reboot?

I don't know about the feature to do the reboot, but we were using extra
metadata flags for .ipk to mark packages which need the reboot (so that
package manager can query updated packages and decide if it's needed).

See
http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/39181/
http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/39183/

I don't know why this wasn't ever merged in oe-core
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2012-November/031856.html
doesn't have any negative review AFAIK.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com